[Logo]
 
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Humor  XML
Forum Index -> Banter Go to Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11 , 12, 13, 14 Next 
Author Message
Hobo_Joe

Wicked Sick!
[Avatar]

Joined: 06/12/2005 20:15:17
Messages: 513
Location: Utah
Offline

Nice try Boingo, but it's not right

A wise monkey is a monkey who doesn't monkey with another monkey's monkey.

The only time I made a mistake is when I thought I made a mistake.

After partying all night Chuck Norris doesn't throw up; Chuck throws down!

Loaded Weapons: [WMD]Hobo_Joe lvl: 389
Medic: Hobo_Healer lvl: 101
Loaded Artifact: LA_Hobo lvl:71
Engineer: enJOEneer lvl:110
No-Class: the_hobonator lvl:54
Monster Master: Summoner_Joe lvl:42
PyRo

Wicked Sick!
[Avatar]
Joined: 02/28/2005 11:20:42
Messages: 1149
Location: the waiting room for the recently deceased
Offline

What's taken from you before you get it?

time??

Sand worms...ya hate em right?!

aim icon
Hobo_Joe

Wicked Sick!
[Avatar]

Joined: 06/12/2005 20:15:17
Messages: 513
Location: Utah
Offline

nope..sorry Pyro!

you'll all probably think this is a dumb one when you find out what it is but oh well

A wise monkey is a monkey who doesn't monkey with another monkey's monkey.

The only time I made a mistake is when I thought I made a mistake.

After partying all night Chuck Norris doesn't throw up; Chuck throws down!

Loaded Weapons: [WMD]Hobo_Joe lvl: 389
Medic: Hobo_Healer lvl: 101
Loaded Artifact: LA_Hobo lvl:71
Engineer: enJOEneer lvl:110
No-Class: the_hobonator lvl:54
Monster Master: Summoner_Joe lvl:42
Chyster

Wicked Sick!
[Avatar]

Joined: 02/08/2005 20:26:37
Messages: 573
Location: Victoria, TX
Offline

Here is one, and I haven't read all the posts so I don't know if it has been used yet so......

You are a traveler who comes to a split in your path. You know three things about this situation.

1. One path leads to cannibals and certain death
2. One path leads to where you have to go.
3. There are two natives who are standing at the fork, one lies all the
time and one tell the truth all the time.

What one question could you ask either one of them to figure out which way to go and live?

Chy

If at first you don't friccasee, fry, fry a hen.
[Email] aim icon [ICQ]
PyRo

Wicked Sick!
[Avatar]
Joined: 02/28/2005 11:20:42
Messages: 1149
Location: the waiting room for the recently deceased
Offline

i would ask one native if the other native tells the truth! Labyrinth baby!

Sand worms...ya hate em right?!

aim icon
Pyramidion

Wicked Sick!
[Avatar]

Joined: 02/21/2005 14:31:28
Messages: 1099
Location: Brick City
Offline

well I think there are a few ways to find out.... such as ask each of them if they are a man... if the liar is and he says no.. you know he's lying, but if the native is a woman and he says yes you still know.. so that's one way.
My other guess is to ask them if they are natives, those are my guesses..
[Email] aim icon
cplmac

Wicked Sick!
[Avatar]

Joined: 12/19/2004 21:10:38
Messages: 1464
Location: chicago burbs
Offline

I would grab one by the scruff of the neck and say "HEY you better tell me which way is safe or I'm gonna eat you" And then I would eat him anyways.

good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
Hobo_Joe

Wicked Sick!
[Avatar]

Joined: 06/12/2005 20:15:17
Messages: 513
Location: Utah
Offline

Pyro..think about that REALLY hard...that wouldn't help you at all. what if you asked the guy who told the truth? you would know that one of them lies..so would you believe him for sure? and if you asked the liar, how would you know if he was lying?

I like Pyramidion's answer...but the question you ask would also have to tell you which way to go..so asking if he is a man wouldn't help you in that sense.

as for cpl....that's just mean and uncalled for...and kinda disgusting too

and as for me...I have absolutely no idea...and until I come up with an answer, that's going to bug the crap out of me!! it's a good one though!!

A wise monkey is a monkey who doesn't monkey with another monkey's monkey.

The only time I made a mistake is when I thought I made a mistake.

After partying all night Chuck Norris doesn't throw up; Chuck throws down!

Loaded Weapons: [WMD]Hobo_Joe lvl: 389
Medic: Hobo_Healer lvl: 101
Loaded Artifact: LA_Hobo lvl:71
Engineer: enJOEneer lvl:110
No-Class: the_hobonator lvl:54
Monster Master: Summoner_Joe lvl:42
Boingo_Babe

Wicked Sick!
[Avatar]

Joined: 04/02/2005 23:06:12
Messages: 946
Location: My own little world
Offline

cplmac wrote:
I would grab one by the scruff of the neck and say "HEY you better tell me which way is safe or I'm gonna eat you" And then I would eat him anyways. 


Now it's my turn to bite my tongue....ew.

B_B

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO what a ride!"

My Awesome Skin
[Yahoo!]
emetakleze

Wicked Sick!
[Avatar]

Joined: 01/02/2005 18:15:15
Messages: 1241
Location: north east, ny.
Offline

You would have to ask one native if the other native would say the left path would lead you to safety. That way, no matter what the answer is, you know it is a lie. Thus finding out which is the safe path.

****"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."**** -Batty

****On a hot summer night would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses?****

***Though I cannot corrupt that which is by nature already corrupt, I can and do change the nature of the corruption***

IM:atvnj at hotmail.com
[Email] [MSN]
Chyster

Wicked Sick!
[Avatar]

Joined: 02/08/2005 20:26:37
Messages: 573
Location: Victoria, TX
Offline

Most of you blew it because you wasted your one question. If you ask one if the other is a liar, then you cannot ask a second question and are stuck, etc. etc. etc. As far as eating them anyway....... Sheesh, your supposed to stay away from the cannibals, not become one.

Emetakleze has the right answer in abstract form and because of this, I will reveal the linear solution.

The answer is:

You ask either native "Which way would he tell me to go!" and then go the opposite way.

Because:

If you ask the liar which way the truthful one would tell you to go to get to safety, he will tell you a lie and point down the path toward the cannibals, so if you go the opposite way, your good.

If you ask the truthful one which way the liar would tell you to go, he will tell the truth and also point down the path toward the cannibals. Therefore, going the opposite way is still a good thing.

Well done Em.

Chy

If at first you don't friccasee, fry, fry a hen.
[Email] aim icon [ICQ]
Chyster

Wicked Sick!
[Avatar]

Joined: 02/08/2005 20:26:37
Messages: 573
Location: Victoria, TX
Offline

Here is another one, not so complex, but still misleading. Read the scenario carefully and think about it.

Within a room you have a barrel full of water. Inside the barrel within the water are 50 red socks and 50 blue socks.

As you approach the barrel and peer down into the water, the lights go out and it is pitch black. You cannot see a thing and cannot find your way out of the room.

As you begin to become overtaken by panic, you hear a voice that asks in a mocking tone "How many socks must you pull from the barrel before you obtain a pair of the same color?" The voice also states that the right answer will illuminate the room allowing you to find your way out.

Good luck

Chy

If at first you don't friccasee, fry, fry a hen.
[Email] aim icon [ICQ]
Hobo_Joe

Wicked Sick!
[Avatar]

Joined: 06/12/2005 20:15:17
Messages: 513
Location: Utah
Offline

I would say that you would only have to pull 2 socks. It's dark, so you can't see the colors.

A wise monkey is a monkey who doesn't monkey with another monkey's monkey.

The only time I made a mistake is when I thought I made a mistake.

After partying all night Chuck Norris doesn't throw up; Chuck throws down!

Loaded Weapons: [WMD]Hobo_Joe lvl: 389
Medic: Hobo_Healer lvl: 101
Loaded Artifact: LA_Hobo lvl:71
Engineer: enJOEneer lvl:110
No-Class: the_hobonator lvl:54
Monster Master: Summoner_Joe lvl:42
emetakleze

Wicked Sick!
[Avatar]

Joined: 01/02/2005 18:15:15
Messages: 1241
Location: north east, ny.
Offline

I would also say two, but not because it is dark. The reason is to obtain a pair of the same color you only need to pull out 2 socks (one pair) of the same color, the voice did not specify that you must do this selection in the dark.

****"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."**** -Batty

****On a hot summer night would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses?****

***Though I cannot corrupt that which is by nature already corrupt, I can and do change the nature of the corruption***

IM:atvnj at hotmail.com
[Email] [MSN]
PyRo

Wicked Sick!
[Avatar]
Joined: 02/28/2005 11:20:42
Messages: 1149
Location: the waiting room for the recently deceased
Offline

i have no idea, i know 3 would do it, theres only 2 colors of socks so either way you will get a pair if you take out 3. *shrug*

Sand worms...ya hate em right?!

aim icon
 
Forum Index -> Banter Go to Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11 , 12, 13, 14 Next 
Go to:   
Powered by JForum 2.1.7 © JForum Team