[Logo]
 
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
pets  XML
Forum Index -> UT2004 DisastrousConsequences.com Go to Page: 1, 2, 3 Next 
Author Message
emetakleze

Wicked Sick!
[Avatar]

Joined: 01/02/2005 18:15:15
Messages: 1241
Location: north east, ny.
Offline

Druid, is there any way to make the pets either be invisable on the radar, or turn their dots blue? It's a pain sometimes when hunting for that one rabbit and you track the yellow and it turns out to be a pet bug.

****"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."**** -Batty

****On a hot summer night would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses?****

***Though I cannot corrupt that which is by nature already corrupt, I can and do change the nature of the corruption***

IM:atvnj at hotmail.com
[Email] [MSN]
cplmac

Wicked Sick!
[Avatar]

Joined: 12/19/2004 21:10:38
Messages: 1464
Location: chicago burbs
Offline

right on brother emetakleze. this might not be possible, but if it is it would be great. Hi Cloud!

good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
Shantara

Wicked Sick!
[Avatar]

Joined: 12/19/2004 18:35:28
Messages: 861
Location: SLC, Utah
Offline

Em,

Dru actually tried exactly what you suggested (because it bugs us too), and (insert technical garbledena here) the radar thingy is just too ingrained, or we lost our funding, or something.

Anyway, he tried really hard and it wouldn't let him.

I'm wondering what it will take for my country to rise,
First we admit our mistakes, then we open our eyes
--Ani Difranco

My skin: http://www.ut2003hq.com/pafiledb2/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=5094
emetakleze

Wicked Sick!
[Avatar]

Joined: 01/02/2005 18:15:15
Messages: 1241
Location: north east, ny.
Offline

Oh, sry to hear that one. oh well, it was worth a try.

****"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."**** -Batty

****On a hot summer night would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses?****

***Though I cannot corrupt that which is by nature already corrupt, I can and do change the nature of the corruption***

IM:atvnj at hotmail.com
[Email] [MSN]
Havoc_Summers



Joined: 01/11/2005 14:42:08
Messages: 16
Location: California - near LA
Offline

Hi.
I agree the radar would have been great had it been possible.

How about changing the halo then? I know if I make a pet it has a nice bright green halo, but if it's someone else's it's kind of a faint red - that's mostly hard to see, specially at a distance.

Could it be bright white?

Or maybe if the shape can be changed, it could be elongated downward - it would be almost a shroud or something. Just so it's more visible.

...and I'm off.
noob^3



Joined: 01/29/2005 03:50:54
Messages: 3
Offline

Havoc_Summers wrote:
Hi.
I agree the radar would have been great had it been possible.

How about changing the halo then? I know if I make a pet it has a nice bright green halo, but if it's someone else's it's kind of a faint red - that's mostly hard to see, specially at a distance.

Could it be bright white?

Or maybe if the shape can be changed, it could be elongated downward - it would be almost a shroud or something. Just so it's more visible.

...and I'm off.
 


Actually, this would be great. I can't count how many time's I've been using the shock rifle on a titan or warlord on the other side of the map, only to switch to lightning 30 seconds later and find that it's on my side.

I second Havoc's notion!
Cloud34

Rampage

Joined: 12/19/2004 21:59:37
Messages: 138
Location: Alberta, Canada
Offline

noob^3 wrote:

Havoc_Summers wrote:
Hi.
I agree the radar would have been great had it been possible.

How about changing the halo then? I know if I make a pet it has a nice bright green halo, but if it's someone else's it's kind of a faint red - that's mostly hard to see, specially at a distance.

Could it be bright white?

Or maybe if the shape can be changed, it could be elongated downward - it would be almost a shroud or something. Just so it's more visible.

...and I'm off.
 


Actually, this would be great. I can't count how many time's I've been using the shock rifle on a titan or warlord on the other side of the map, only to switch to lightning 30 seconds later and find that it's on my side.

I second Havoc's notion! 


Yeah and a bright white halo would be real easy to see on a winter map
emetakleze

Wicked Sick!
[Avatar]

Joined: 01/02/2005 18:15:15
Messages: 1241
Location: north east, ny.
Offline

How about a haze around the pet, kinda like the fire around a player when they hit a level? Maybe not all the time either, just when u shoot it the fire ring springs up around it basically saying "i'm a good guy!!"?

****"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."**** -Batty

****On a hot summer night would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses?****

***Though I cannot corrupt that which is by nature already corrupt, I can and do change the nature of the corruption***

IM:atvnj at hotmail.com
[Email] [MSN]
noob^3



Joined: 01/29/2005 03:50:54
Messages: 3
Offline

Cloud34 wrote:

noob^3 wrote:

Havoc_Summers wrote:
Hi.
I agree the radar would have been great had it been possible.

How about changing the halo then? I know if I make a pet it has a nice bright green halo, but if it's someone else's it's kind of a faint red - that's mostly hard to see, specially at a distance.

Could it be bright white?

Or maybe if the shape can be changed, it could be elongated downward - it would be almost a shroud or something. Just so it's more visible.

...and I'm off.
 


Actually, this would be great. I can't count how many time's I've been using the shock rifle on a titan or warlord on the other side of the map, only to switch to lightning 30 seconds later and find that it's on my side.

I second Havoc's notion! 


Yeah and a bright white halo would be real easy to see on a winter map  


Actually, I'm red green colorblind, so white on white is almost easy compared to that red thing. But I'm an uncommon exception, the majority of players is what's important. No big deal.
(dof)dcs

Killing Spree
[Avatar]
Joined: 01/03/2005 16:39:36
Messages: 73
Offline

cloud....hate it when that happens. You're just in a convo and accidentally offend someone with some sort of impairment...i do it all the time. I got a couple friends red/green colorblind noob, one of which didnt know until he tried to join the marine corp., lol.

Superior tactics will prevail, and ownage shall ensue.
aim icon
Cloud34

Rampage

Joined: 12/19/2004 21:59:37
Messages: 138
Location: Alberta, Canada
Offline

noob^3 wrote:

Cloud34 wrote:

noob^3 wrote:

Havoc_Summers wrote:
Hi.
I agree the radar would have been great had it been possible.

How about changing the halo then? I know if I make a pet it has a nice bright green halo, but if it's someone else's it's kind of a faint red - that's mostly hard to see, specially at a distance.

Could it be bright white?

Or maybe if the shape can be changed, it could be elongated downward - it would be almost a shroud or something. Just so it's more visible.

...and I'm off.
 


Actually, this would be great. I can't count how many time's I've been using the shock rifle on a titan or warlord on the other side of the map, only to switch to lightning 30 seconds later and find that it's on my side.

I second Havoc's notion! 


Yeah and a bright white halo would be real easy to see on a winter map  


Actually, I'm red green colorblind, so white on white is almost easy compared to that red thing. But I'm an uncommon exception, the majority of players is what's important. No big deal. 


Crap. I didn't know

(dof)dcs wrote:
cloud....hate it when that happens. You're just in a convo and accidentally offend someone with some sort of impairment...i do it all the time.  


It happens to me all the time on the server
TheDruidXpawX

Wicked Sick!
[Avatar]

Joined: 12/19/2004 18:32:13
Messages: 1945
Offline

noob^3 wrote:

Cloud34 wrote:

noob^3 wrote:

Havoc_Summers wrote:
Hi.
I agree the radar would have been great had it been possible.

How about changing the halo then? I know if I make a pet it has a nice bright green halo, but if it's someone else's it's kind of a faint red - that's mostly hard to see, specially at a distance.

Could it be bright white?

Or maybe if the shape can be changed, it could be elongated downward - it would be almost a shroud or something. Just so it's more visible.

...and I'm off.
 


Actually, this would be great. I can't count how many time's I've been using the shock rifle on a titan or warlord on the other side of the map, only to switch to lightning 30 seconds later and find that it's on my side.

I second Havoc's notion! 


Yeah and a bright white halo would be real easy to see on a winter map  


Actually, I'm red green colorblind, so white on white is almost easy compared to that red thing. But I'm an uncommon exception, the majority of players is what's important. No big deal. 



If any of you have an idea and want to implement it, I'm always open to contributions of code

Other than that, this portion of code is all Mysterial's, and after all the troubhe he's had, I really dont want to touch it.

I did want to make a post with a quote that was at least 4 levels deep though

As for colorblind, sorry. I'm guessing you have a lot of trouble with the unreal interface... it doesn't seem very friendly for colorblindness...

Skin download: http://www.disastrousconsequences.com/dcforum/posts/list/1189.page

The fundamental problem is this: The first word we learn as children is NO. From that point forward society teaches women that saying no isn't polite, and society teaches men to respect those who wont take no for an answer.

The world is what you make of it, my friend. If it doesn't fit, you make alterations. -- Stella, The Morning Star
noob^3



Joined: 01/29/2005 03:50:54
Messages: 3
Offline

Okay, first off, I wasn't offended at all. I was more or less defending myself from looking stupid about the white on white thing. I don't easilly get offended on the colorlindness thing. There's only one thing people can do to upset me, and that's impossible online so don't worry. Unless the new loading screen starts to read COLORBLIND PEOPLE SUCK or something, I don't care.

As for the effect on my UT, yeah it can be a pain, and when I first started I spent two minutes going around onslaught looking for red base. Heh...

But, now I've adapted and I can't really tell a difference. My brother's colorblind as well, and both of us don't even think about it.

[Insert long story about colorblind people and *culture* (if there is one) here]

I always wanted to be an air force pilot, but by the age of eight I knew that wouldn't happen, so I can relate to dof's friend. Unless it doesnt have any lights I can't fly a thing, unless it's RC.

Don't worry, I wasn't offended. You meant no harm, so no harm felt.
(dof)dcs

Killing Spree
[Avatar]
Joined: 01/03/2005 16:39:36
Messages: 73
Offline

um...im not dof. dof is a group of people. im dcs.

Superior tactics will prevail, and ownage shall ensue.
aim icon
Havoc_Summers



Joined: 01/11/2005 14:42:08
Messages: 16
Location: California - near LA
Offline

Heh, white was just a suggestion... er, meant to suggest something brighter than the semi transparent (probably flame) red colored ordinary halo.

Most of the issues with not seeing the halo is because the titan is so big, his head is mostly hiding the halo -- in this case, even on a winter map, a white titan halo will be visibile in contrast with his own head. Yet, still I could be wrong about this.

As far as implementable code -- if there is a size (dimension) variable to the halo, altering just the height dimension might work. That may be just one number to change.
Changing color could be easy as well (one hopes). Or if not color, brightness level may be easy - like that could be one number variable (value 0-255 maybe or some such) ?

But also! If you shoot a friendly pet, mostly you can hear it groan... or say "ow" or something. Or is it "aiee!" (I think it alternates between "ow"and "aiee" -- like when you shoot a player.)
If all pets say "ow" it might be good enough -- but sometimes I don't think they make a noise at all.
So - as another implementable code, if all pets would yelp, or if their yelp could be turned up louder to make it more obvious, that might be enough.

Do I get an award for the long post?
 
Forum Index -> UT2004 DisastrousConsequences.com Go to Page: 1, 2, 3 Next 
Go to:   
Powered by JForum 2.1.7 © JForum Team