[Logo]
 
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
DruidsMutator  XML
Forum Index -> Other Mods
Author Message
TheDruidXpawX

Wicked Sick!
[Avatar]

Joined: 12/19/2004 18:32:13
Messages: 1945
Offline

Tarkus wrote:
Hi TheDruidXpawX!

Thanks for making the Druid Mutator available. I had the same problem you did with mapvote and the webadmin. It solved my problem and I am grateful. Thanks!

I was the one that posted the message about the DruidsPlayersAgreement.int in the Atari forums. I don't write muts or serveractors, so I apologize if I said anything in my post that offended you. It was not intentional and I was only trying to be helpful.

Although the serveractor doesn't require the int file, it will use it if it is there. I tested this myself and it allowed me to change all of the captions except the MyYesButton.Caption. I thought it would be helpful to post the int file so that others could customize the captions also.

Again, thanks for all of your hard work. It is much appreciated!  

Skin download: http://www.disastrousconsequences.com/dcforum/posts/list/1189.page

The fundamental problem is this: The first word we learn as children is NO. From that point forward society teaches women that saying no isn't polite, and society teaches men to respect those who wont take no for an answer.

The world is what you make of it, my friend. If it doesn't fit, you make alterations. -- Stella, The Morning Star
TheDruidXpawX

Wicked Sick!
[Avatar]

Joined: 12/19/2004 18:32:13
Messages: 1945
Offline

No problem. I dont much care for UT2Vote, and I was so frustrated with the inability to get more than a couple game types into the standard voting that I finally coded something that would load the mutators for a specific game type.

Glad some others could make use of it.

Skin download: http://www.disastrousconsequences.com/dcforum/posts/list/1189.page

The fundamental problem is this: The first word we learn as children is NO. From that point forward society teaches women that saying no isn't polite, and society teaches men to respect those who wont take no for an answer.

The world is what you make of it, my friend. If it doesn't fit, you make alterations. -- Stella, The Morning Star
v0rTeX

Wicked Sick!
[Avatar]

Joined: 12/19/2004 20:59:52
Messages: 562
Offline

Ok I think Im going to start using this so I can pack more gametypes on without punishing those who just come for invaision and what not with downloads.

So to make sure I understand correctly (because the readme file could be a little bit more verbose) I just make a section for each gametype I run just like the one that is in the example file? And under each section I put the mutators I wish to run with it and the packages that gametype requires?

And lastly, once I do this, I just make each gametype have no mutators except the DM.u so that it will manage the rest of it?

I hope I got that right.


EDIT: oh yeah, and do I need to have this line?

ServerPackages=DM
TheDruidXpawX

Wicked Sick!
[Avatar]

Joined: 12/19/2004 18:32:13
Messages: 1945
Offline

v0rTeX wrote:

So to make sure I understand correctly (because the readme file could be a little bit more verbose) I just make a section for each gametype I run just like the one that is in the example file? And under each section I put the mutators I wish to run with it and the packages that gametype requires?
 

You've got it

v0rTeX wrote:

And lastly, once I do this, I just make each gametype have no mutators except the DM.u so that it will manage the rest of it?
 

Yup, the only mutator in your list is DM

v0rTeX wrote:

ServerPackages=DM
 

You dont need it. The clients dont need this package, it's server side only. In fact, in case I ever change it, I'd suggest you dont push it to the clients.

Druid

Skin download: http://www.disastrousconsequences.com/dcforum/posts/list/1189.page

The fundamental problem is this: The first word we learn as children is NO. From that point forward society teaches women that saying no isn't polite, and society teaches men to respect those who wont take no for an answer.

The world is what you make of it, my friend. If it doesn't fit, you make alterations. -- Stella, The Morning Star
monolith



Joined: 05/02/2005 00:11:12
Messages: 25
Offline

I've been trying to set this mutator config up and i'm not sure that what i want to do, i can do....

what i would like to do is have lets say ons with rpg and various other muts.... and have another ons game without rpg but with other muts.

The reason for this is i have fhiv4 monsters and weapons added to my satores and druids rpg but sometimes i like to play without the rpg and would like for others to join without having to d/l the 64mb or so of the fhiv4 just to play regular ons or vctf or dm or tdm.

That was question #1

Question #2 is can i have options in the config to have or not to have translocators. and to have different min players for each game type.

so that in invasion rpg only have 2 min. players, because they usually end up stealing the good stuff from u. but in ons w/wo rpg have min players set to 6, cause playing ons 1 on 1 with a bot on a large map isnt really fun.

Question 3 is if the answers to Q1 and/or Q2 are no you cant do this, than can you or someone else make a mut that can do this?? Or if there is one out already that can do these specific things than where can i get it at???

And i think that ut2vote can do this but i really don't like that voteing system. And i don't want to give people a choice on what mutators to add only what game type to play. and this is due to some mutators don't work well together and its my server and this is how i want to play ...

thank you
MONOLITH


does anyone have anything close to what i am looking for?
monolith



Joined: 05/02/2005 00:11:12
Messages: 25
Offline

monolith wrote:
I've been trying to set this mutator config up and i'm not sure that what i want to do, i can do....

what i would like to do is have lets say ons with rpg and various other muts.... and have another ons game without rpg but with other muts.

The reason for this is i have fhiv4 monsters and weapons added to my satores and druids rpg but sometimes i like to play without the rpg and would like for others to join without having to d/l the 64mb or so of the fhiv4 just to play regular ons or vctf or dm or tdm.

That was question #1

Question #2 is can i have options in the config to have or not to have translocators. and to have different min players for each game type.

so that in invasion rpg only have 2 min. players, because they usually end up stealing the good stuff from u. but in ons w/wo rpg have min players set to 6, cause playing ons 1 on 1 with a bot on a large map isnt really fun.

Question 3 is if the answers to Q1 and/or Q2 are no you cant do this, than can you or someone else make a mut that can do this?? Or if there is one out already that can do these specific things than where can i get it at???

And i think that ut2vote can do this but i really don't like that voteing system. And i don't want to give people a choice on what mutators to add only what game type to play. and this is due to some mutators don't work well together and its my server and this is how i want to play ...

thank you
MONOLITH 



does anyone have anything close to what i am looking for?
v0rTeX

Wicked Sick!
[Avatar]

Joined: 12/19/2004 20:59:52
Messages: 562
Offline

I dont remember what its called exactly, but there is a utility for UT2004 that lets you have multiple setups of the same gametype and it names them all differently so that you can treat them as different gametypes for things like mapvote.

>>> EDIT: http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=417922
I found it while I was finishing up my forums run for the night.

That should help you out with #1 having ONS with RPG and ONS without RPG.
And also with having diff values for minplayers=
It may even help you with the TL on/off thing too.

Lastly, UT2Vote does let you vote on mutators, but only one at a time and I dont think you can customize the little things like TL, MinPlayers, and stuff by voting.
monolith



Joined: 05/02/2005 00:11:12
Messages: 25
Offline

whoot ill go and check it out. thanks vortex. u may have just made my day. i'll let u know.
{RAD}Raze2K5

Killing Spree

Joined: 04/20/2005 14:25:39
Messages: 82
Location: Tempe, AZ
Offline

sorry to revive such an old post, but...

the mutator was working fine until I decided to try to switch game types... now it's not unloading my other packages

do I need to put it into the voting config for UT2Vote? cuz that's what I've done, and I've defined each game type in MutatorConfigs.ini like so:

Code:
[XGame.xVehicleCTFGame MutatorConfig]
 
 [SkillTrials.ASGameInfo MutatorConfig]
 
 [PvPTDM.xTeamGame MutatorConfig]
 Mutator=Class'VasOnFirev1x21.VasOnFireMutator'
 Mutator=Class'utcompv17a.MutUTComp'
 DownloadPackage="VasOnFirev1x21"
 DownloadPackage="utcompv17a"
 
 [PvPiTDM.xTeamGame MutatorConfig]
 Mutator=Class'VasOnFirev1x21.VasOnFireMutator'
 Mutator=Class'utcompv17a.MutUTComp'
 Mutator=Class'XGame.MutZoomInstaGib'
 DownloadPackage="VasOnFirev1x21"
 DownloadPackage="utcompv17a"


Is this how to blank them out? What am I doing wrong lol

Disclaimer: Post count does not reflect level of expertise.
[WWW]
{RAD}Raze2K5

Killing Spree

Joined: 04/20/2005 14:25:39
Messages: 82
Location: Tempe, AZ
Offline

My apologies... i guess i didn't realize the mutator pushed packages differently than UT2Vote (don't mean to keep bringing that system up, i know you dislike it <3 )

I cleared my UT2K4 cache and went to the server, and UT2Vote loaded up the mutators into UT2004.ini that always load, and even though the packages in MutatorConfig.ini didn't show up in the UT2004.ini file, they still pushed through... it even seems to have helped with my redirect problem... thanks so much dru, dunno how you did it, but you're awesome <3

Disclaimer: Post count does not reflect level of expertise.
[WWW]
Woof



Joined: 11/18/2009 20:42:55
Messages: 10
Offline

Sorry about reviving this topic, but im having trouble getting RPG to work in Vehicle Invasion using the DruidsMutator. RPG works fine in Vehicle Invasion 116 without DruidsMutator but I don't want to lose my other gametypes and the handy DruidsMutator. Anyone know how I can properly configure it or is it impossible to achieve?
 
Forum Index -> Other Mods
Go to:   
Powered by JForum 2.1.7 © JForum Team