[Logo]
 
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Any1 play mmogs  XML
Forum Index -> UT2004 DisastrousConsequences.com
Author Message
peashooter

Rampage
[Avatar]

Joined: 01/17/2005 11:28:53
Messages: 160
Offline

Im thinkin of playin world of warcraft as well as ut2k4 but not sure if its any good sure the rating are good but u know how that goes ( espacicaly if u played doom 3) does any1 have it if so ill hook up with you

Work Smarter Not Harder!!
[Email] aim icon
TheDruidXpawX

Wicked Sick!
[Avatar]

Joined: 12/19/2004 18:32:13
Messages: 1945
Offline

peashooter wrote:
Im thinkin of playin world of warcraft as well as ut2k4 but not sure if its any good sure the rating are good but u know how that goes ( espacicaly if u played doom 3) does any1 have it if so ill hook up with you  


Haven't you heard my rant about Blizzard? I don't think you'll be happy with them.

Skin download: http://www.disastrousconsequences.com/dcforum/posts/list/1189.page

The fundamental problem is this: The first word we learn as children is NO. From that point forward society teaches women that saying no isn't polite, and society teaches men to respect those who wont take no for an answer.

The world is what you make of it, my friend. If it doesn't fit, you make alterations. -- Stella, The Morning Star
Ganoshin



Joined: 02/12/2005 15:33:26
Messages: 10
Offline

MMO? Heh, just donate $60 to the DC server... you get less downtime, the same level grind, more magic weapons, fewer pinhead PKing twits, and good company.... but with more explosions and free bonus squishy red Titan footprints!

TheDruidXpawX wrote:
Haven't you heard my rant about Blizzard? I don't think you'll be happy with them. 


Nope, but it's good to know there's more than one Blizzard anti-fan. Link/repost?
Ess-Jay

Rampage
[Avatar]

Joined: 01/03/2005 22:37:03
Messages: 160
Location: Cardiff, UK
Offline

I personally feel that these MMORPG's are a complete rip-off. They expect you to pay for the game, then pay a monthly subscription on top!

Take Final Fantasy XI. The average yearly running cost for that game, including the initial expenditure of the game, averages out to around $118. Call me tight, but I find that highly unacceptable.

"I've come here to kick some butt and chew some bubblegum... right now, I'm all outta bubblegum..."
[WWW] aim icon [MSN]
peashooter

Rampage
[Avatar]

Joined: 01/17/2005 11:28:53
Messages: 160
Offline

Ess-Jay wrote:

Take Final Fantasy XI. The average yearly running cost for that game, including the initial expenditure of the game, averages out to around $118. Call me tight, but I find that highly unacceptable. 


i agree with you on that right there 118 for a game is alot but think about it do you go to the movies? or get sodas every1 time u stop for gas or what not. me i dont really care for sodas and my girlfriend perfers to watch movies at home so i have extra cash to toss around somtimes well not alot but enough to afford 15 a mnth
Druid whats wrong with blizzard i used to play starcraft bw and diablo 2 lod both great games alil repative tho

Work Smarter Not Harder!!
[Email] aim icon
cplmac

Wicked Sick!
[Avatar]

Joined: 12/19/2004 21:10:38
Messages: 1464
Location: chicago burbs
Offline

Starcraft was blizzards last quality effort. In fact I just bought another copy of it. For some perspective, that game was copyrighted in 1999. Six freakin years without creating another quality game, ,another original game, or even a sequal. And I know some of us still have nightmares about Battlenet, or should I say broken net.

good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
Ess-Jay

Rampage
[Avatar]

Joined: 01/03/2005 22:37:03
Messages: 160
Location: Cardiff, UK
Offline

peashooter wrote:

i agree with you on that right there 118 for a game is alot but think about it do you go to the movies? or get sodas every1 time u stop for gas or what not. me i dont really care for sodas and my girlfriend perfers to watch movies at home so i have extra cash to toss around somtimes well not alot but enough to afford 15 a mnth
 


I can see your point there. What makes it harder for me to pay for these online games is the price of internet access here in the UK. Right now, if you take current exchange rates into account, I'm paying the equivalent of $53 a month for a 512k DSL line. Add that to my telephone's monthly line rental ($67 a month) and an extra fee to play a game online doesn't sound too attractive!

And yes, I like cinema soda, so that really puts me in a bad place...


"I've come here to kick some butt and chew some bubblegum... right now, I'm all outta bubblegum..."
[WWW] aim icon [MSN]
peashooter

Rampage
[Avatar]

Joined: 01/17/2005 11:28:53
Messages: 160
Offline

I feel sorry for u i dont know what that is added up cause im alil lazy and i dont like math but sounds like alot

Work Smarter Not Harder!!
[Email] aim icon
 
Forum Index -> UT2004 DisastrousConsequences.com
Go to:   
Powered by JForum 2.1.7 © JForum Team